Tuesday, October 21, 2008

So Sweet

I went out with Jakob on Sunday night for a Mommy and Jakob date, to the local gelato shop (3 blocks away)! Where Jakob ordered "Spitachio" flavored gelato.
When we were walking back home I said to Jakob,
"Thanks for the date, I enjoyed it."
jakob: "What's a date?"
Me: "When two people who like each other go out together, when you are older you will take lots of girls on dates"
jakob:"Like Nana?"
Me: "Well, I'm sure Nana would like to go on a date with you, but I mean other girls too."
Jakob: "Oh" "Mommy what do you want to be when you grow up?"
Me:"Well, I am grown up, I'm a Mommy and a Nurse right?"
Jakob: "Yeah but I mean, don't you want to be a princess or a fairy or something...you would look real pretty in a dress with pink roses on it and wings too...I can buy that for you for Halloween."
Me: (Laughing and melting inside) "Oh you mean what do I want to be for Halloween...I don't know yet, but I do like fairies. What do fairies wear?"
Jakob: "They wear tight, long skirts and wings"
Me: "Oh, that sounds nice, (Where did he get the idea that they wear tight skirts) I'll think about it."

1 comment:

Wendy said...

THis totally makes me sigh one of those, oh my god, he is so cute and sweet sighs. I can't believe how perceptive kids and how Jakob all the time is telling you how pretty you are. He is right, he has such a good momma! Love you.