Monday, October 13, 2008

Fall...and a bit more

We went on a nice evening walk, in the dusk and then darkness tonight on the lookout for pine cones and red leaves (to hopefully make something?) and to give Jakob something to do with his flashlight ( side note - we almost ran into a skunk in someones bushes, thank God Mark has good eyes!). It has been so nice here, cooling down but so nice in the sun and so calm and cool in the evenings. I love fall, I love the smell of the air, the feeling of the sun on my face when it's cool outside and of course all the fall color! Of course we don't have any pics this year of the fall color - the trees are just starting to turn.
I also love putting on the warmer clothes like our fleece coats, hats and rain boots! ( I think I like this so much, because growing up is SoCal we didn't ever need to do this, nor does anyone wear or let alone know what fleece is in SoCal?!)
Jakob riding his bike w/his new rain boots - can't see them clearly, but they have guitars on them - super cute - he picked them out.

Sarah in her new hat and fleece coat.


These pictures have nothing to do with Fall, just am too lazy to start another posting, so I will post them here - some recent pics for the Grandparents to see.
Sarah, standing at the front door, she loves to look outside and bang on the window! She is wearing her new little outfit that I got at the Children's Resale shop for free, because I had a credit from Jakob's clothes - love that! The pants are brand new and the top I swear was never worn! Loving the resale shop, good for the budget and good for the environment!

Sarah having a great time eating sweet potatoes, turkey and crackers - she is refusing to be fed, so I gave up and gave her the spoon, she was so surprised, she had no idea what to do with it! Notice she is also missing a sock - I can't keep socks on her for anything!

Sarah, this is her "Give me more food" or "I'm sooooo done here" face!

Jakob in the middle of talking while he was eating - what's new!

1 comment:

Mrs. Cush said...

They are so sweet - I love the "I'm done pic" of Sarah her eyes really look like Jakobs there! We have been enjoying the outdoors a lot too, it's really cold though! This weekend we went to the park and rode the mini-train that they have there and Gracie was literally shivering! But it is so nice we can't help ourselves either!