Sunday, December 14, 2008

Since Mark's been gone...

I've been horribly sick with a cold, home with 2 kids and it has been freezing outside! We made homemade (well with Rotisserie chicken) chicken soup, made peanut butter cookies, made a gumdrop christmas tree - thanks to help from Amber, had the kids's xmas show at preschool (no pics as Mark has the camera), Sarah wore a tutu for the first time and danced in the show, Jakob sang and did ballet like a champ, we've watched Charlie Brown's Christmas movie 3 times, Land before time movie twice, drove around to see the Xmas lights, had donuts and hot chocolate at the gelato shop (the donuts are made at this shop and they are great - I had Ginger, with Chocolate frosting, Jakob had "Fairy Princess", of course my son picks that one, it is a pink donut with pink frosting and LOTS of sprinkles - that's why he picked it), we then walked over to our littl xmas tree stand and bought a mini "Charlie Brown" Xmas tree to put on our porch and decorated it with lights, ate breakfast for dinner, and played in the snow all day today (Jakob is a pro at snow angels now), oh and Sarah did her first face plant in the snow (again no pics just video). Sarah was hysterical in the snow, mostly b/c I dressed her in a snow suit that was way to small for her, so she couldn't really move, once she fell, she was stuck. So, I changer her into her pajama suit with 3 layers under, her rain coat, a hat, gloves and snow boots, much better, but then she took the face plant. So, she ended up spending most of the time in the stroller with the cover on it, of course we did a lot of walking in the snow, no sledding as I didn't know how to handle both of them for that, maybe tomorrow I will plant Sarah in the stroller and help Jakob sled - I need to get a sled with a pull on it.
Also since Mark's been gone, Jakob has decided he is going to be a holly terror - backtalking, pouting, acting out - OMG - it's a miracle he is still in one piece. I don't hit my kids, but I have come so close this weekend. I can't wait until Mark gets home! I know he doesn't want to come home to a cranky crowd but, that's what we are right now! 
Tomorrow will be a snow day, no school because the snow we got today (about 3 inches) is actually sticking and it suppossed to be colder tomorrow - so you know Portland freaks when there is any snow on the ground (since it doesn't happen all that often) and schools are closed. Bummer for me as I don't normally work on Mondays - let's hope for a snowday on Tuesday too!
Anyhow, we have done a lot since Mark has been gone, it's been so hard being a single parent, with a cold, I don't know how single Moms do this everyday - especially if they live in a place where they have to stay inside everyday!
Counting the minutes until you come home Mark!

2 comments:

-a said...

Aw! You're so cute! I wish I could be in two places at once. That sounds like a fun weekend, well subtract the back talk. =)

Amber said...

Mark, can't wait to see you and hear all about your trip. Very very exciting.

And also, I totally let you down, man, I was only surrogate husband for five minutes last week, during which time I basically sat around and gave your son a giant sugar high. I'm sorry! All's well that ends well, I hope? You can chastise me over White Russians later, but really, I blame the snow for all later failings to appear in your stead!

And Jess, maybe I can make up for it- let me know if you need any sitting time over the weekend for xmas shopping, etc.

See you guys soon~