Friday, July 18, 2008

But I want to go to the airport now....

Jakob and Mark flew to Montana this morning to celebrate the life of a very special woman, Great Grandma Dorothy (Dode).
Since yesterday afternoon, all we heard from Jakob was "But I want to go to the airport now." He even said it while he was lying in bed, when I explained that he would have to sleep in the airport to wait for his flight, he didn't seem to care about that as long as the airplane would be there to take them to "Tana" to "Celebrate GG going to a happy place."
Jakob will also get to spend a lot of time with his cousin Sam this weekend, that spells trouble I tell you!!

I talked to Jakob after his flight, he was quite excited and said that "taking off was my favorite part." After talking to Mark it sounds like the flight into Montana was pretty hairy, in fact Mark's words were "I thought we were going to die...but I kept a happy face and Jakob had fun." Oh, what parents will do!

Jakob wore his Captain's hat on the plane, Mark said the pilot gave him a special postcard with a picture of the plane on it.

Here is Jakob this morning with his plane.


Jakob and all of his gear, ready to get on the plane!


Jakob's first meeting with GG Dode! We love and miss you, and truely hope you are in a happy place - filled with lots of children, giving you many more kisses on the cheeks!!

No comments: