Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Reading - what is that?

Carla tagged me with this,

* Look up page 123 in the nearest book
* Look for the fifth sentence
* Then post the three sentences that follow that fifth sentence on page 123.

It's fun to read everyone elses so I will post mine! But honestly, I am getting on average about 4 hours of sleep a night - if I'm lucky I get an hour nap - but that hasn't happened in over a week as my infant is very gassy and demands a lot of bouncing to stay asleep! Anyhow, I don't have any other excuses on why I'm not currently reading a book - I did just finish the first Harry Potter last night - when I should have been sleeping (only took me 4 months to finally get into it and finish it). Damn Harry Potter, I didn't think I would like it and Mark, who reads voraciously, has been on me about finishing the book and now I'm hooked - if only my eyes could stay open for more than 3 pages at a time!

Anyhow, the book I have next to me is "How To Talk So Kids Can Learn", not so intersting but that's what I've got - it's that or "Your Baby's First Year Week by Week" and that book is so basic it kills me - but it is a great reminder on development for me as my brain is totally shrinking right now!
So, here goes:

To preface - this section in the book is talking about punitive practices, their long term affects on children, as they relate to teachers and their students....(kind of a depressing subject, sorry!)
"Some children start bed-wetting, nail biting, or stuttering, or suddenly develop headaches or stomachaches. Some experience nightmares or have trouble falling or staying asleep...our children are entitled-to be treated in humane and caring ways by those who claim the privilege of educating them."
(I kind of cheated on this and only typed the most important 3 sentences or what I felt were the important sentences after the 5th sentence - geeze I hope that makes sense) Off to bed I go!

No comments: