Monday, February 4, 2008

One of the best things about being a parent of a newborn...

Sleeping with them. It is the sweetest thing to hear them breathe, sigh, laugh, grunt, watch them make funny faces and feel them twitch, and stretch - even if it keeps you awake!




I didn't know I'd enjoy parenthood this much. I was so afraid that I couldn't love another child as much as I love Jakob, but somehow your heart grows even bigger - it's truely a miracle.
I'm probably just getting super sentimental because Sarah will probably be our last newborn in our house, until we have grandkids! So, I am really enjoying this time I have with her.

OH - another great thing about being a parent of a newborn - Touching, kissing, and even sniffing BABY FEET!!
(I know this picture is blurry but it's so cute how her toes are all flared out!)

4 comments:

Bexy said...

So sweet! I remember when you wanted to eat Jakob's feet - I'm sure you are going through the same thing with beautiful Sarah!!! xo

Amber said...

Jesus, people you are killing me. I can't come visit your blog without crying. What is the matter with you?

Wait, no, what is the matter with ME!?

This is so very sweet. You guys have yourselves some damn fine kids there, I'll tell you what.

And I'm glad to hear that parental hearts are capable of expanding. Though it wouldn't shock me to learn that some people's hearts get stuck and can't expand past loving themselves, right? Sure would explain a lot of people (certain people in my family, every member of the Bush clan, etc). Glad it's seeming not to be the case in our generation/immediate circles. Here's hoping it continues to be the case as the procreation trend marches on!

Bexy said...

I have to add another comment: I love that pink bath coat! Sweet jesus I want one.

Wendy said...

You guys are so sweet. TOTALLY makes me what a newborn. I remember that sleeping it is so peaceful. How is it with two? How is Jakob doing? She is so sweet!!