Saturday, February 9, 2008

"Are Those Guys Pirates?"

Jakob woke up while I (Mark) was watching a Nova documentary about space, and he was fascinated- asked a million questions a minute. During a scene where a bunch of astrophysicists are in lab coats huddled around a strange looking machine, the narrator says the word "telescope" and Jakob asks "Are those guys pirates?" Pirates and persicopes, astronomers and telescopes... easy to be confused. I told him they were astrophysicists which prompted Jakob to ask "Do they steal treasure too?" I held it together, but just barely.

1 comment:

Bexy said...

Oh my god, my heart is melting. I love his cute little brain at work! Maybe to him, pirates are the coolest thing ever, and because he's fascinated by what they are doing, he thinks they must be pirates!

Sooo cute. I'm sure he will grow up to be brilliant rocket scientist or some such!