Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Fall fun

This is by far my favorite time of the year, the weather is cooling down, enough to wear skirts w/tights - love that - sweaters and even rain boots. Rain boots are something special to me since I never had them growing up in California.
I absolutely appreciate and love the fall color, it's amazing, I feel so lucky to see the rainbow of colors outside our window and as I drive around and in the forest across the street from us. We've started collecting some leaves to decorate with this year, but it rained quite a bit over the weekend, so the leaves were pretty wet.
We attempted going to the pumpkin patch and got rained out - not just drizzle - we would have stayed if was drizzling, but it was pouring!! I knew it was for casted to get 1 inch of rain but it was sunny at our house when we left, well we drove about 40 minutes to this pumpkin patch and the sky was black when we got there. We stayed just to buy a few gourds and a pumpkin, and to take a picture of the kids in front of the sign, it's a little tradition for me. I love this pumpkin patch, there is a train to ride out into the patch, and a boat to take you back. I think it's so special to me because it's the first pumpkin patch we visited when we moved to Portland and in fact I took Jakob there when he was just 2 years old, by myself and we had a blast. So, we've had to make the trip every year since.
So, because of the rain, the kids were able to stomp in some serious puddles - Sarah's first time - which she loved - until she fell in it (no pictures of that).
We've been keeping busy with walks at night thru the forest, flashlights and all, very exciting for Jakob, Sarah gets a little scared but Jakob stays right next to her while she is in the stroller, "to protect her", but I'm thinking he's a bit scared too. He really enjoys listening to the frogs in the creak and the crickets and finding things with his flashlight. It's quite an adventure, and we get some exercise and fresh air.

At Lakeview farms pumpkin patch - you can't see the rain coming down, but look at Sarah's face - she is totally wondering why she is standing there in the rain - meanwhile people behind us are running to get cover from the downpour!!
Puddle stompin'!

Walking in the park, noticing some really big, pretty leaves!


This is the trail we've been taking at night - so fun!
Jakob on his bike, hunting for puddles to ride thru!

No comments: