Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Some more photos from our trip to CA

Had to post more photos from our trip to California - these are some of my favorites!

Who knew a blow up pool and ice cold, hose water was so fun!
Nana and her little water helper, Sarah loved to help water the plants - to the point that they were getting over watered!
Jakob and Aidan, digging for sand crabs - never thought I'd see Jakob do that - he hates to get his hands dirty, but anything involving creatures, he's up for. Go figure!
My family running down a hill at Arroyo Verde - pretty cheesy - but I think it's cute. Just a second after this was taken, Sarah did a face plant!
Mr. Oliver Rust - he is soooooooo adorable. We hadn't met him yet, and he'll be a year this month!!
A picture from our awesome parent/adult night out and sleep over ( Evan, Mark, Carmen, Me, Seth and Micheal)!! A lot of good food, A LOT of drinks at that island in the kitchen, A LOT of laughs and even some drumming - I will spare you the video of the drunken drum circle, just a picture (notice the child sized instruments that are being used - as parents we can never get away from the kids I guess). We had such a good time - thanks Connelly's for having us over and staying awake until the wee hours of the morning - the hangover was totally worth it!! Just another great memory of this group of friends - I think we have known each other now for 13 years or more - aah - but all our funniest memories are from this group of friends and/or one of these people!! We love you guys.
Oh and thanks to Nana and Papa for watching our crazy kids all night long - you're the best!

We had a big get together in the park, about 20 people and kids there - fantastic - here is a picture of Uncle Jeff pitching to Jakob, followed by my Aunt Christina pitching!! I just love that Jakob knows them and will remember them now. Oh and I love that they were helping to take care of my children for me at the park, while I socialized. I think at one point, Christina was chasing Sarah and Jeff had 4 kids to look after at the play structure!! Thanks!!


Sarah and her Second Cousin, Isliana (1 year), this was the first time they met. They show the extremes of the growth curve, but are so adorable, I'm sure anyone would agree!!
GG Willy and both the kids, this is my first picture of her with both our kids, and I think it turned out spectacular!
Nana and Papa at the park, down and dirty with the kids!
Ben (4), Jakob (4 1/2) and Sam (to be 7 years on the 22nd of this month), jumping in the waves.
Gramma Kathy and Sarah in the water. What a trooper Gramma was, Sarah wanted her to hold her, but IN the water "Mo watur, mo watur", how could Gramma deny that!
This is our only family pic from Disneyland, on our first ride together - the Pirates of the Caribbean - look at our kids faces - they had no idea what they were in for! Jakob loved it, Sarah was totally traumatized by the dark and immediate drop at the beginning of the ride - I didn't really think about that! Mom of the Year award goes to me!
Jakob and Mickey! All the other pics we have of him with Mickey, he is showing him his light saber that he fought Darth Vader with.
Sarah taking Disneyland in, a bit overwhelming for her, I'm sure!
The Jungle Boat Cruise - serious business to these boys!
Taking a break with my boy, on Tom Sawyer's Island
Mark and Sarah on the Dumbo ride
Jakob and his precious "Blaster" that he bought at Disneyland with his $20 that Papa gave him for helping clean up the leaves! Thanks Papa, for the noisy gun we now have in our house!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

These pics are so awesome, looks like you had such a good time honey with the family. Miss you.

Amber said...

Drum circle. DYING.

-a said...

Awesome. I love the family photo. That should be framed.