Thursday, July 16, 2009

Blueberries

I don't have any pictures as I didn't have the camera today (Mark took it to work with him in Tacoma), but Jakob and I were out picking blueberries at 9 am this morning. In 1 hour we came home with 6 pounds of blueberries ($9 - can't beat that price)!!
We are serious picking machines. Jakob LOVED it. We will be heading back to pick more this weekend, if I can find room in our freezer! Needless to say, we consumed a lot of blueberries today, in fact I had to ask Jakob to stop eating so many while we were picking, since they would most definetly cause some kind of stomach upset. As I reminded him, he looked right at me and said "I'm not eating them," while at the same time putting one in his mouth - unconciously eating them!! When I pointed that out to him, he laughed so hard! Anyhow, I'm proud of my kiddo, he was a great, meticulous picker - only the "big blue ones Mommy!" He even came out of his shell today and made friends with another boy who was picking, they could be overheard discussing which bush had better blueberries and what bugs ladybugs eat. Too cute!!

No comments: