Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Quick post from California

We have been really enjoying our time in California, we will be back in Portland on Friday night. We are so going to miss our family and friends!! We've been so busy visiting, playing, going to the beach, went to the Long Beach Aquarium today and the best thing for Jakob by far - Disneyland - yesterday!
I will post pictures when we get home of all our activities.
Anyhow, Jakob had an amazing time at Disneyland, he told me today that his favorite ride was Materhorn - yep my kid loves the speedy coasters! He didn't so much like Space Mountain, too dark and fast - I will have to scan the pic of that one - hysterical - I look like I'm possessed, Jakob is freaked, Mark and Pete are smiling and Sam is very concerned!!
But, the highlight of our Disneyland trip had to be Sam and Jakob getting picked for the Jedi academy and getting to train to fight Darth Vader. They both got up on stage and fought "the REAL Darth Vader" - I was so excited for them, I was even tearing up - knowing how memorable it would be for them. Of course the 8 hours after that they were still talking about how cool it was to fight Darth Vader.
Backtracking - Sam had never wanted to do the show before (he has seen it several times and is a huge Star Wars fan, but has never wanted to get up to fight Darth Vader), but while watching the show, Jakob turned to me and asked "When can I fight Darth Vader?", I asked if Sam would do it - knowing if Jakob got scared, Sam would be there with him, and Sam said he would! They waited about 40 minutes to get picked by "Mace Windu", who picked Sam first, we were nervous that Jakob wouldn't get picked but he did - he was one of the smallest kids picked - but was so focused on his task. It was so awesome, I think I speak for all of us - including the DangVu family - we are so proud of our new Jedis! Serioously a feat to get up on stage in front of hundreds of people and fight the REAL Darth Vader!!
Jakob has been doing everything that his big cousin Sam does and on our way back to the car, Mark and I asked the boys what their favorite ride was and Jakob said "Umm, I think....Mat (he almost said Materhorn)" then he turned to Sam and said "My favorite was the same as Sam's favorite...What was your favorite Sam?" Mark and I were dying laughing - so cute!
All in all we are having a great trip, it will be hard to come home and get back to the grind - well I'm off for the summer - guess it's not really back to the grind for me. We seriously need a vacation from our vacation - we've been up late every night socializing and having parents night out or even parent sleepovers - complete with hangovers - so awesome!
More to come later!

No comments: