Monday, August 18, 2008

Summer is over?

I go back to work tomorrow, so my summer break is officially over, and we woke up to thunder and lightening and a crazy rain storm, so I guess- summer IS over! How did that happen so fast? We were just in the pool with the kids yesterday at the Brink's house! Sarah was just born yesterday right- feels like that but, she just turned 7 months yesterday! AAH, time flies!
Sarah starts daycare tomorrow, if anyone has any great words of advice for me on daycare, please feel free to leave a comment! I am so anxious, I know she will do fine, but I can't help it! Also, there is so much to think about, I have to leave the house with her at 7 am, pack bottles (defrost the milk), bring all the paperwork, the check, the baby food etc etc etc. Oh and not forget my pump and my lunch and all my work stuff! I know I will figure out a system, it's just a bit overwhelming!
Anyhow, I'm a bit down today because it's my last official day off with Sarah - I know I already "went back to work" but I was just working a few days and was really just working for the summer and now it has come and gone so fast! I will be working only 4 days, but that's a lot away from a baby! So, today after we go to the Chiropractor, I will be buying a new pair of shoes to make me feel better! (Using the money we made at our yard sale this weekend - oh yeah we had a yard sale and it was 100 degrees outside- not the best weekend to have picked, but who knew!) And, I will try to take a snugly nap with my baby today!

Here are some pics of Sarah on her 7 month birthday - keep in mind it was over 100 degrees here, so the kids weren't wearing a lot of clothing in the house!

This is how Sarah spends a lot of her time, trying to get to whatever her big brother has!



Jakob, getting ready for his modeling career! He was sleeping on the floor in our bedroom, as Sarah has been waking up at night - darn teeth!

The calm before the crying storm at 3 am!

1 comment:

Carla said...

She'll be great and so will you! I love those pics! Sounds like a weird thing to say, but I really don't have enough "baby in diaper" pics of my kids. I guess that is what I get for living in a climate where A/C is mandatory and having kids that require SPF 50 to even look outside. Anyway, cute little sleeping buns in the crib!