Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Jess's 31st Birthday

So, I would like to say " Thank You" to those of you who went out of your way w/emails, cards, calls etc. for my Birthday! I especially loved my message from my nephew Sam on the answering machine - he wished me a Happy Birthday but wouldn't sing b/c he didn't want to sing to the machine b/c it wasn't the machine's birthday! (For those of you who know Sam - he just started Kindergarten - I feel so old!)

My Birthday started out early w/a call from my Mom at 6:45 - luckily Mark was out of town - so it didn't wake anyone up as I was getting dressed and attempting to get Jakob ready for school, since I had to drop him off (this is Mark's daily duty so I can get to work by 7:30). When I got to work my coworkers had decorated my cubicle with Birthday decorations and showered me with cute little gifts and some yummy cinnamon rolls!! Gotta love my coworkers - the job kinda sucks right now but the Nurses are fantastic!

Mark flew home from his business trip in Coos Bay at 4:30, I got a nice massage at the chiropractors office, picked up Jakob and rushed home because Auntie Amber (who is always coming thru for us) came and watched Jakob last night so that Mark and I could go out to dinner and a movie. I am not going to name the chain restaurant that Mark and I went too, as being a Portlander now, we are spoiled w/amazing local restaurants and it would be embarrasing to say that we ate there, but I was craving the potato soup from this place - so Mark kindly took me there! While we were there I realized it had been 10 years ago that we went to dinner there w/Wendy, Carla and Josh when I turned 21! Crazy - and again feeling old! I also realized why we hadn't been back there in a few years - we were surrounded by obese children and everything seemed to taste a bit salty - oh well!

Side note/story - as you may all know Portland can be a bit wierd - or the people here can be a bit off - well on our way to dinner we saw some street kids walking down the street - one without a shirt on. As we got closer I realized it was a girl - Mark thought it was a "dude" but NO, it was a girl with small, dirty boobs! It was almost 90 degrees yesterday, so I can see the no shirt thing, maybe in the house or at the beach, but walking down the street - Come On! Happy Birthday to Me (and Mark in a wierd/gross way)! I called Amber to tell her about this story and she was dying laughing but made sure to reassure me that the night was young and you never know what else we could see - maybe a naked man this time!
Well, while on our way to the movie from the restaurant - we saw a super old guy riding an old schwinn bike w/ape swinger handle bars - not wearing a shirt - MAN BOOBS! Happy Birthday to me again! Amber was almost right w/her prediction for the night! TOO FUNNY!

So, we went to see SuperBad - OMG - if you are up for a raunchy, but very hysterical movie you have to see this one! I about died laughing. It was wonderful to be laughing out loud at a movie. Well the wierdness of the evening continued, poor Mark had to sit next to a little girl - maybe 8 or 9 years old who came to thte movie w/her super obese parents (each sitting in 2 seats). Not only was it a school night and the movie didn't start until 8:45pm, but this girl is about 10 years to young to be watching the movie - it was terrible. Also, the Mom decided to answer a cell phone call during the movie - what the hell? Luckily I wasn't sitting next to her b/c you know I would have said something totally passive aggressive and inappropriate.


Overall I had an enjoyable 31st Birthday - eventful and sad b/c I am feeling old with everything that is happening in our lives - kids going to school, I'm having a 2nd kid, we watched a movie about teenagers - I'm hormonal what can I say!!!
Thanks again for everyone's emails, gifts, cards etc etc etc - I'm feeling the love!
Jess

No comments: