Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Hiking to Multnomah Falls

On Saturday we went hiking up to the top of Multnomah Falls - about 1.5 miles I think. But, it is pretty much straight up - switch backs, but straight up and down. Not sure what I was thinking - I was huffing and puffing! Even our little hiker man was tired out - that's never happened to him before. Poor Mark had to carry Jakob up part of the way - but I figue I'm carrying almost an extra 15 pounds in excess weight and a teeny tiny baby, plus the backpack full of food! I didn't really like being at the top of the falls, it was really high and freaked both Jakob and I out. We found a nice trail through the woods and next to the river to stop and eat and take some pictures at. There was a nice looking bridge we could have taken a nice family pic on, but there was what appeared to be a very amatuer model taking "serious" modeling pictures on it and down below it - crazy! They actually hiked up w/a suitcase full of clothes, make up etc. It was a bit wierd. Anyhow we did have a nice Labor Day weekend, sunny, warm and relaxing.




The bottom of the falls.


We hiked all the way to the top!






Jakob, Mommy and the baby


1 comment:

Bexy said...

Jess I totally admire your "adventurous family spirit", or whatever it is that inspires you to hike straight up a hill 1.5 miles whilst preggers, wearing a backpack and worrying about a toddler!!!

The pictures and memories are worth it... it looks so beautiful there! I'm just so lazy that I can't quite comprehend how the idea to hike up that waterfall ever came up as an option. ha ha! xo