Thursday, September 23, 2010

Back to School Night

I remember being so excited for this as a kid, I couldn't wait for my Mom to see my classroom and to play with my friends outside of school time, so I was probably just as excited as Jakob was for this. He showed us all the cool "big kid" things he can do now on the playground, pointed out some kids in his class and some 1st graders that he has been playing with and the "work" he's been doing, he is moving right along with his letters and reading - so amazing!
Sarah was convinced there was a party going on, so it was difficult to distract her from the fact that there weren't cupcakes, but we made it out pretty unscathed - minus 1 tantrum.

Here's Jakob showing us his art - this is a picture of a bird, clouds, a sun and on the bottom "the whole Scooby and Shaggy gang"!


His first school journal
Looking at a book with his buddies


I just had to add this in, Jakob has been quite busy every day making things from cardboard, paper, tape and scissors - things like an airport, a camera, binoculars, a jet (from toilet paper tubes) a robot, masks, some of which are pretty abstract to me but soooo creative - he has a vision and really sets his mind to it. He collects all our recycling and cuts up the boxes to use.
He's got Sarah cutting and taping too, she usually creates some kind of "robot", a bunch of paper taped together with her drawings on it.
Today he was home with Mark after school and he made this...


His own computer - he was so proud, "Look, I even put the up and down arrows (on the left side)".
It's true that all a kid needs is a box, not what's inside! I'm so proud of him and his creativity, I can only hope he doesn't lose it!

No comments: