Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Overheard Jakob say...

"Sarah, I missedded you so much...you are the prettiest girl in the whole world."

We just got back from our trip to CA - it was a quick, super fun, busy and crazy trip. Jakob went camping with Daddy (and Ian and his Daddy Peter) and Sarah and I had our time in Ventura. Jakob said this to Sarah tonight in the car - so adorable!

Jakob told me about his camping trip with Daddy, some of my favorite things he has said so far:

"I ate snores...yeah Mommy, I said snores...graham cracker with ummm, not peanut butter, oh yeah, chocolate and a toasted marshmallow...it was really yummy...My Daddy said I could have 3 of them."

"I found a stick for my marshmallow and Daddy made it clean and sharp with his knife..actually it was Peter's knife."

"When we went hiking, we saw horse poop...it was tall like this (arms in the air), actually it was stacked high with some on the side."

"I slept in the tent with Daddy, I snuggled up close to him to keep him company, I didn't want him to be lonely and I kept him warm."

"I got this splinter from the fire wood...I need you to take it out with a noodle...yeah a noodle...it will hurt but it will get it out."

2 comments:

Mrs. Cush said...

That is so cute :) I love the little things that kids say - it makes me excited for next year and the things that Gracie will be saying about the baby :)

Carla said...

Ha! This reminds me of the Little Critter book "Just Me and My Dad". It is all about their camping trip alone together and some of those same things happen! Glad you had a nice CA visit.