Sunday, June 29, 2008

Beach Day

So, as you may or may not know we had a heat wave here in Portland over the weekend - 99 degrees on Saturday and probably just a tad cooler than that today - with a thunder storm tonight! We escaped the heat on Saturday afternoon (after about dying in it having a little yard sale while Mark about died while playing outdoor soccer), Mark took Jakob to his first movie (Wall-E - Jakob really liked it) and I went to Target (one of my favorite air conditioned spots). It was still about 80 degrees in our house last night, even with our little air conditioner on. So, today we escaped completely from Portland and drove (about 2 hours) to the super small, beach town of Manzanita and spent a few hours at the beach, with a picnic lunch and some sand toys. It was sunny the whole drive and then was foggy at the beach, but still pretty warm. Although, I did put a sweater on over my dress - Mark braved it with shorts and a t-shirt. The sun did make a quick appearance, enough to keep us warm

Jakob and Daddy playing soccer


Sarah sitting in the beach tent (amused by the zippers on our camera bag).


Having fun spinning Sarah (working on my Portland tan - look at those white legs - well lets just say I am working on not getting any form of skin cancer - I am a SPF freak!)


Buddha baby


"What, you want us to smile - yeah right". (We so kindly refer to Sarah's expression as the "bulldog")


Digging for sand crabs


Jakob having some serious fun!


Making sand castles


The view from Manzanita

1 comment:

Carla said...

I am so jealous! It looks awesome. Super hot here too but the A/C makes a huge difference. Swimming for awhile at Katie's on Sunday and a crazy week for me. I'll be in Olympia tomorrow night, then home 9 pm Wed night and leave for camping Thursday. No time to plan or pack! Yikes!