Saturday, June 7, 2008

5 Years

It's been five years since our big day in Maui! What an amazing wedding we had, Mark and I still look back on it as one of the best times in our life. Being in Maui with all our closest friends and family, what an experience! And to top it off - we got married - 11 years and 1 day to the date of our first date in high school. So really it's our 16 year anniversary - crazy!

We woke up this morning and both said "Happy Anniversary...this is just like being in Maui right?" Meanwhile we've got two kids screaming, the house is a disaster, we're sucking down coffee to stay alert and it's raining outside! Not quite like Maui.
But, I wouldn't change it for the world. We didn't have a clue of where we would be in 5 years and look at what we've done, 3 moves, bought/sold houses, lots of career changes, made 2 kids and are loving every minute of it! We may not be in the mansion overlooking a beach in Maui, like we dreamed of but, as cheesy as this may sound, I am in paradise wherever we are, as long as we're together - aah! It's true, I can't imagine my life without Mark and now without our crazy kiddos! I think one of the best moments we've shared, besides our wedding day, and the days our kids were born has to be the day we woke up about a month ago, in bed together with both our kids snuggled up to us - priceless! I can't wait to see what the next 10,15,20, 50 year anniversarys hold for us. I'm sure our lives will change in ways we never ever could imagine - I look so forward to experiencing those changes together! And,hopefully experiencing many more trips to Maui!


Some of my favorite photos from our wedding and honeymoon in Maui!
















2 comments:

Bexy said...

Congrats! I can't believe it's been 5 years - how has it been 5 years?!

Here's to many more years of happiness and future trips to Maui!

XO!

Wendy said...

Happy Anniversary guys, congrats. The photos are sooo awesome, makes me want to be in Hawaii now!!!!
This is such a sweet post about friendship, marriage and love girl. You guys are awesome, we love you.