Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Truth

I got out of the shower this morning and Jakob was there to greet me...
"Good morning Jakob."

"Good morning Mommy."

"Mommy I had 2 nightmares last night...why didn't my "nightmare protector guy" (a.k.a. a stuffed boy elf doll that I pulled out of storage and told that the doll protected against nightmares) work?

"I'm not sure, I'll talk to him about it...I'm sorry you had nightmares, but you know you are safe with Mommy and Daddy right?" 
(I have to think of a reason - I'm thinking of telling him that the doll protects him and keeps him safe even if he has a nightmare - and a reminder that nightmares are imaginary? We'll see how that works!)

"Right" "Mommy why are your boobs so flat?"

my thoughts - AWESOME - seriously moving that quickly from nightmares to my bodily flaws - where the heck is my shirt!

"Because I just fed Sarah"

"Yeah they aren't normally like that, they are bigger."

"Well, someday they won't be that big, after I stop breastfeeding they will change."

"Yeah, that's ok Mommy"

"Remember Jakob, every body is different."

"Yep."

As a parent I've learned a few things about the truth - sometimes the truth hurts, but sure is funny coming from a 3 1/2 year old and that bending the truth doesn't always work in your favor!!



1 comment:

Wendy said...

This totally cracked me up. How interesting that he is so aware!! That's a boy for ya- totally clocked into the boobs. Who knew it started so early? Hope you had a great weekend.