Monday, May 12, 2008

My Mother's Day

So, after my seriously long posting on some of the things I've learned as a mother, I forgot to blog about my own Mother's Day!
Side Note - I forgot to put in so much on the Mother's Day blog, I really do have a lot more that I've learned about myself as a Mother and what it takes to be a Mom of a 3 year old and a newborn - but I didn't have the time nor the energy to type it all out. I was holding Sarah while I was typing and it was getting a bit tiring and my arm was full of drool by the end - needless to say all the wonderful thoughts were jumbled and didn't really make it to the computer!

Moving on, I had a great Mother's Day. We walked up to the Grand Central Bakery for breakfast/brunch and sat outside in the sun - wonderful! Jakob and Daddy took a nap while I nursed Sarah and did the long blog posting. Mark and the kids gave me a super cute necklace ( a circle pendant with dragonflies engravd on it), Jakob made sure to ask if I liked it - so cute! Then we headed to the Brink's for the afternoon/evening. Julie and I left the kids with the Daddies and we went to the mall! We ate a nice dinner at the cheesecake factory, (salads and drinks - cheesecake to go), I had the Patron Diablo - it was awesome, most of you know I love Tequila - of course, we toasted to ourselves as Mom's.We then did a bit of shopping (not the brightest idea when you've had some alcohol in your system!).
All in all a great day! Being away from the kids for a few hours on Mother's Day was wonderful as both Julie and I have infants and 3 1/2 year olds, we don't get out much. We were the old balls at the restaurant, but I know there were some jealous Moms in that place!! Thanks to the wonderful husbands for taking on the task of single parent for our pleasure!

No comments: