Monday, February 16, 2009

Jakob Funny!

As we were driving to the Pediatrician today (the whole family went today), we drove thru an area that smelled like asphalt.
Me: "Ew, it stinks, it smells like asphalt."
Jakob: "What are as@ balls?" (yes that's an expletive - Jakob didn't know this obviously!)
Oh Man, it took all my will power not to laugh and I totally failed, luckily Mark chimed in before he lost it and said "Asphalt, Jakob asphalt."
Jakob:"As# balls?"
Me: "No asphalt...(and I quickly went into an explanation of what asphalt is to distract him from this phrase as much as possible)." Of course, I am crying and laughing at this point and Mark is desperately trying to hold it together.
All I could think about is Jakob walking into Dr. Joel's office and asking "What are as@ balls?"
Luckily he forgot about it before we got there!

5 comments:

Angela Dangvu said...

Too funny!. Similar to Sam wanting to call his stuffed dog Fuzzy, F-U for short. I made the wrong choice and said it was a bad word. Thought he would forget about it. Several weeks later he brought it up again. He can't remember that I asked him to put his shoes away 30 seconds ago, but that he remembers? Awesome!

Carla said...

Speaking of As@ Balls...Brody discovered his testicles the other day. (Ya, I know, he's almost 3 and we probably should have covered this already. More second child syndrome) Anyway, he was freaking out so badly that I had to make Boone pull down his pants and show Brody that they both had them. Immediately after, Boone says. "Hmm, they kind of look like a butt on the front." Oh Lord!

Amber said...

Jakob is AWESOME. I know you were proud, Mark. That is SO. FUNNY. I'm cracking up over here.

Mark, Jessica, Jakob, Sarah, Lily and Kona said...

OMG, Carla that is hysterical, I am dying laughing!!!!
Boys, they are a wonder!

Wendy said...

You guys are seriously making me laugh. The as@ balls- i can't believe Mark was able to speak before you Jess that he wasn't totally dying. Way to hold it together.
Carla- that is so awesome, he is going to LOVE that story when he is 16. hmmm... i wonder what gender this baby is???