Monday, January 7, 2008

Due Date

Just wanted to give everyone a quick update on the pregnancy. Today is my due date, and nothing exciting is happening. No contractions, no nothing! So frustrating. We have done EVERYTHING that has been suggested to get labor started and not a thing has happened. I have a midwife appointment on Wednesday, hopefully she can do something!
I remember my due date coming and going with Jakob, it was just as frustrating but he did eventually come. I think I have about 1 more week to go into labor and they'll probably take her c-section after that as I can't be induced. I am heading out on a walk with my friend Amber, we'll see what happens!
It is freezing here in Portland, I swear that my body is holding onto the baby to keep myself warm!!
Anxiously waiting Sarah's arrival!

5 comments:

Mrs. Cush said...

I have been anxiously watching your blog thinking that might be why there was a lapse - SOOO frustrating - remember I couldn't even make it to my due date :) Good Luck, we are thinking about you!

Wendy said...

Hang in there Jess. Extra frustrating because things started to happen so early and they held you off, now to go past is NOT what you expected. Sorry honey, it is frustrating but either way she will come out, soon. I can't wait to see her sweet little face.

Amber said...

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that labor will start tomorrow. The dog was a total nutcase when I was there today, and there were a few contractions during the walking, plus the other item indicated in my ridiculous "Girlfriends guide to pregnancy" as a sign of impending labor (I really am going to make a little sign on a popsicle stick to hold up whenever i quote the stupid thing). Plus you looked totally glowy and beautiful and ready to roll, a woman in command of the birthing universe. I was wrong about the January 2nd thing, though, so I guess we'll just have to see!

(I'm very excited, by the way).

Bexy said...

I'm thinking about you guys! I'm excited to hear that Roxy was losing it and that tomorrow is 1/8/08... I second Amby: I think little Sarah will arrive tomorrow! Yay!

XOXO!!

Mark Watson said...

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone - still no baby - i was rooting for 1/8/08 also - but it seems to be going by pretty quickly! Tomorrow i see the midwife, hopefully she will have a trick up her sleeve to get labor started. i had a mild meltdown today, shed some tears, just tired of being pregnant. And seriously this baby is still moving like crazy and it's so uncomfortable! Mark is between jobs now, so we walked the mall, had some lunch, I had a melt down, then a nap, then went to a movie,picked up Jakob and took a walk - all the while the baby is still stretching and moving! You can really see her feet/heels coming out of my right side, it's freaky and frikin uncomfortable! I'm really trying to stay grounded and remember that this is probably my last pregnancy and I should enjoy it - but good lord it's hard to!!
Love to you all!
Jess