Tuesday, March 22, 2011

So Proud

Jakob came home with his first report card (he missed his first real one b/c of our move). He is doing great in everything at or above grade level. The best part of the report card was the comments from his teacher, I started tearing up reading them to Jakob, I know it's cheesy, but I am so proud, I just hope he will continue to shine!
From his teacher, Ms. M "What did I ever do without Jakob last trimester? He has fit into our classroom and our routine so easily and smoothly. We absolutely love having Jakob. He is doing very well academically and socially. He's made a core group of friends...he is a great role model for his peers, trying his best and always following our classroom rules. I can always count on Jakob to do the right thing. He is doing so well with his writing...his penmanship is excellent...Thank you for moving here!"
Seriously, it's like a weight has lifted for me, I know that even if I don't feel like Oceanside is really home yet, I know that at least he is doing great.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Jess, this post made me all goose-bumpy. Isn't it amazing to have someone outside (i.e. not your family/friends) tell you really how amazing your child is. All this hard work, with your head down and one day you get to look up and see your kid through someone else's eyes and realize that you really are doing a f'ing awesome job. And you are.... love you. P.S. I remember something similar when Abs was in public last year (5 Acre) doesn't do report cards written like that we have conferences. Anyway, she said all this amazing stuff and then looked at me and said you guys should be proud, you have raised an amazing child. I looked at her and i swear i wanted to kiss her or hug her or something and just say thank you.. my god thank you for saying that. (we all know that my child has not been the easiest) Because you are doing what you feel like is right but sometimes you don't KNOW it is right?

Jessica Watson said...

Amen Sista!

Jessica Watson said...

And Thank You Wen, you know darn well we are trying to raise a good boy - Sarah is a whole different story! :)