Monday, September 14, 2009

My Birthday Weekend

For those that don't follow me on Facebook (Mom), here are your pics and update! Mark and I celebrated my Birthday on Saturday, we went to the Portland Art Museum - which was fantastic - just to be out with people enjoying something other than just not having kids around, was so great. I actually felt my brain working in a new way, looking at the M.C. Escher exhibit really made my brain work hard, to the point where I kind of got a bit nauseated, but his work is a bit nauseating to try to focus on sometimes.
Anyhow, I should have started with my actual birthday, after work and dinner, we went to my favorite Gelato Shop in Sellwood - Stacato Gelato, just a couple blocks from where we used to live, we all thuroughly enjoyed the gelato (I had marionberry and pistachio - weird combo but very tasty). The next morning we spent with the kids at the Sellwood park - my favorite park, the kids have grown up there - well only the few years they've been alive, but have spent almost every weekend day there, until we moved - and I absolutely love that park and the feeling it gives me says "home" - the trees, flowers, play structures and the walk to the bakery is great! So, instead of walking to the bakery as we would normally do, we drove b/c of my foot. We enjoyed some cookies and pastries from Grand Central, with a great latte and then drove home for naps! Woke up just in time for Auntie Amby who came to watch the kiddos for us! We went to the museum and then to dinner at a great Tapas place on NW 21st - very cute. We had a corner table, very private with a window and A/C - fantastic - great people watching, great food, even better drinks - we both had 1 too many, which was hysterical for us - had to sit awhile before we walked to the car! Home by 9:30 - to bed by 10:30 - yep we are old! All in all a great night!! Thanks to Mark for the fantastic birthday weekend, (and to Amber always there for me and my kids - you're a fantastic woman!).

Here are a few pics for my Mom of the kids!

Cutie pie Sarah with her pigtails - I'm still working on a way to get them perfect, if she would sit still, I think it would actually work! Well if she would actually sit still a lot of things would work better with her - hmmm, we need to work on that!

Jakob pushing Sarah on the merry go round (me in the background with my Frankenstein boot on).


Serious Sarah

The kids looking at the flowers!
The "Firecracker" flower as it was called by Mark and Jakob!

No comments: