Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Oh My God!

This is all I had to say after this happened:
Sarah was fussy tonight at dinner, didn't eat much, but I thought she was just tired from being at Daycare today and not having had a good nap. Mark normally gets her in the tub after dinner - he is sick with a sinus infection - so he laid down after dinner. I brought Sarah to the bathroom and undressed her, she was still fussing - this isn't normal, she is usually excited to get into the tub. She crawled out of the bathroom naked - so I run to get the video camera, I am videotaping her crawling and walking naked everywhere, she was holding onto her crib and laughing - super cute - until she looks over at me, eyes starting to get a bit red and a second later - POOP launches out of her sweet, little, chunky, butt!! AAAH! "Oh my God...what the heck just happened!" Then she laughs and STEPS back into it - meanwhile Jakob yells "What happened, what is that, is that poop?" I think Jakob was totally traumatized! He kept asking "Why did she poop on the carpet?" I was dying laughingm literally doubled over laughing, I yelled to Mark to watch her as I put her right into the tub - and what do you know, she was her happy self again - minus the poop! Jakob wanted to help me clean it, mostly by telling me how to - "You get those things (paper towels) and you get something to scoop it up." Thanks son!
Mark wanted me to take a picture of it for those of you who think Sarah is soooooo cute or that parenthood is sooooo wonderful - but I didn't. I do however have this on video - I tried to rewatch it, but our tape is warped! Which means that a lot of our video - Sarah's first steps etc - is all warped. Oh well! We've got the memories and the few videos on the computer! I was so hoping to pay for Sarah's college with this video!!

Later in the evening, Mark took out the trash in the POURING rain and he informed me that he had an even grosser experience while picking up our pumpkins to put in the garbage - as he picked them up his fingers sunk into the bottoms of the rotting pumpkins and there were slugs all over the bottom!! OH My GOD!!!! I'll take the sweet little girl launching poop anytime!!

Oh parenthood, it is so glamorous!!!

3 comments:

-a said...

Dude you have to make that tape work!! Sounds so gross and funny at the same time! Have I told you how much I love your blog?? Vicarious parenting is great!

Mrs. Cush said...

Slugs - way worse! That is one thing that I hate living in the northwest! The slugs are learning not to come into our yard as I have zero tollerance for them :) But the poop story is too funny, I have yet to experience a really bad one of those, only poop on me, not on anything else!

dakotasmommy said...

ahhh the life of a parent. that is the good stuff right there.