Sunday, October 21, 2007

Jakob and babies

I am doing all my posting for the next couple weeks tonight it seems! I never have time during the week, so I'll get it all done tonight!

Today I asked Jakob where he thought babies came from, just to see what he would say - I know parents shouldn't bring this up but I really just wanted to find out what his brain is thinking, plus Ian's Mom, Julie is having her baby tomorrow and we're having a baby so I figure the questions will come soon - as Jakob is quite inquisitive when it comes to the body! Jakob's first response to my questions was, "Babies come out and drink from boobs," Ok, back to his obsession with the boobs and not really answering the question. So I said, "Mommies and Daddies make babies with love," and he replied "but how?" I looked at Mark and he just gave me a look of "What the heck did you start this for." So I said "Well (deap breath) Mommies and Daddies get married and mix up all their love and make a baby" and that suficed. Later he told Mark "When I grow up I will make a baby, I will break open my tummy and put a baby in it and break it open to get the baby out when it's ready."
We were dying - too funny! I think he's got the chicken egg confused with the human baby, but he's got the idea at least for a few years that should do just fine!
Kids really say some amazing things!

No comments: