Thursday, October 25, 2007

All Clear

I went to the midwife today, I'm 29 1/2 weeks along and doing well. This little lady is very active, the midwife experienced it first hand as she tried to put the doppler on my belly to listen to her heartbeat - the baby kicked or pushed it off everytime, it was hysterical. The midwife couldn't believe it.
I met with the Perinatologist today to have a vbac (vaginal birth after c-sec) consult - I have been cleared to go ahead with a vbac - assuming I don't have any complications further into the pregnancy. The doctor went thru all the stats of rupture, every possible complication that could happen and felt that I am at a very low risk for any of them actually occuring. He was also positive about the fact that my c-section was due to the cord being wrapped around Jakob's wrist and not due to me not dilating or being able to fit him thru my pelvis etc. So, I'm all clear! He did make an interesting comment about Jakob's cord, "Around the wrists huh, is that a sign of what's to come - like handcuffs?" too funny, I did tell him he is quite the terror sometimes! But what 3 year old isn't.

Oh - side note - tonight I went to the Thai restaurant around the corner from us to pick up some food, took Jakob with me, when he walked in, he announced - "Mommy it smells like poop in here!" Oh yeah, that was a comfortable moment. A couple customers at tables and in line started to laugh. I told Jakob to keep his voice down and that it smelled like Thai food not poop but he of course had to argue, "No Mommy that is poop, it really smells." So, at this point I bent down, got in his face and told him that he was saying a naughty word and that next time he needed to say it softly to me, if he really felt like he needed to say it. That seemed to work. I have vowed not to take him back there again! The food is great and it doesn't smell like poop - I promise!

No comments: