Monday, July 25, 2011

A new addition

We have a new addition to our family, a Red Flame Crested Gecko - called Blaze. I like to call him Blaze, the Big Kahuna Gecko. Sarah thought Echo the Gecko was a good name - I thought so too - but Blaze was Jakob's favorite and it's his pet to care for (we'll see how long that lasts!).
He's super cute, Jakob is over the moon for him. I'm thinking Jakob's week of reptile camp really sealed that love for reptiles. I'm just happy to have a baby in the house! :)
He's very playful with Jakob, he jumps all over him, he hasn't had the desire to explore Sarah - maybe he feels her nuttiness.
I'm sure he'll grow to love her too!
Now, let's just hope we can keep him happy and healthy!

Oh and we know he's a boy because, "The lady checked his private parts Mom!", I have no idea where they are but they must exist!
Jakob is also excited because Blaze can live for 15 years, I told him he will have to take him to college with him, that blew his mind!




No comments: