Saturday, February 20, 2010

Future Olympian?!

We've been inspired by the 2010 Olympics to get our kids on a head start, you know maybe we'll get college paid for at least or a Wheaties box picture - whatever will pay the bills right!!
Jakob has been asking to go skiing since we went sledding at Mt. Hood, and now with the Olympics on TV, he's really been interested in it. So, Mark took him to Mt. Hood Meadows today - gorgeous day for it - and Jakob LOVED it, he did fall a couple times but he said his favorite part was "going fast down the hill" - which he refuses to call the bunny slope, "it was pretty steep Mommy!". He got his own ID badge to wear and to go back with, so he has proudly announced that he can "go skiing anytime he wants, as many times as I want". My thoughts - GET A JOB! :)

Here he is patiently waiting in the car, with his Whistler hat on - paying homage to the 2010 Olympics!
Riding the "treadmill" up the hill.

Calmly assessing the "steep" mountain!




3 comments:

Dexter said...

The video is unavailable. I wanna see the little skier in action!

Mark, Jessica, Jakob, Sarah, Lily and Kona said...

Hmmm, I don't know why it isn't working, it works on my computer - and my computer is GOD! KIDDING, I am retarded on the computer, so who knows what I did. Anyhow, Mark has it posted on his facebook page, check there.

Amber said...

omg, in the fourth pic from the bottom he looks like such a total teenager! Wow. I can just see it all now. Wow. wowo. wow.