Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Gingerbread House

I haven't made a real gingerbread house since I was in Girl Scouts - many many years ago. I thought we would start a tradition of making one with Jakob, well mostly putting one together. I bought a little kit from Trader Joe's, but didn't buy enough frosting - me make frosting - come on! I will have to pick up some more so we can finish the house - but even then, I don't think the frosting will stay on, Jakob basically licked it off while taking bites of the candies we put on it! I don't know if you can see in the pictures, but the licorice has bite marks out of it as do some of the fruit jellies. There is a xmas tree in front of the house, decorated with red oraments, white frosting and a yellow fruit jelly that has bites out if to make a star. Even though it was a bit cheesy, It was nice having the kit because, I don't think Jakob would've had the patience to make one from scratch, maybe next year!




1 comment:

The Bradshaw Family said...

Hey Jess - It turned out great. We have had the tradition of making gingerbread houses too (always from a kit!!). This will be the frist year that Josh will get involved, can't wait to see how it goes with 2. Twice the bite marks and licks!
Take care - Michelle